so...
i had an epiphany
well not really...
but!
instead of giving excuses...
(though i try to stay away from them...)
i tend to use them at times...
i have found the solution to my problem...
to elevate confusions....
the word has now been officially put to silence...
and replaced with "explanation"
i.e.: I didn't blog today.
the explanation: I decided to go to the library and study for my exam on Friday. I was sure my readers will understand.
though is seems the same.
Excuses makes it seem like I had no control over the situation
For example: my alarm didn't go off, i got a flat, the bus was late, My teacher don't like black people…
With explanations, I am making a choice.
For example: I pressed snooze 6 times before I got up, I stopped to get gas because I saw the price went done, I choose to eat breakfast before I went to the bus stop, I decided to go to the BlackOut Jam before I decided to tell my teacher I had no idea what she was talking about, failed the class and lost my bright futures...
Get it?
great...
Umm...
Thus said, I decided that I'd go ahead and finish my paper due tomorrow... before I get down to writing a good blog... and then... I changed my mind...
lol..
ta ta for now
one love.
hello readers... this is just my life as it comes to brain... the good, the bad, the totally horrendous... hope you like it... i know i will...
Thursday, August 7, 2008
an explanation...
Labels:
life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i hope that losing bright futures reference was an anecdote, for literary emphasis.
Post a Comment